The Lead Artist leads an art team in the development of all aspects of a game’s visual design, including 2D and 3D assets, environments, characters, animation and UI. He or she creates briefings, mood boards, paint-overs, does regular art reviews and creates assets where necessary.
- Define the art style of a given title with input from the Art Director and other project stakeholders;
- Ensure that all assets created by the art team conform to the style and technical guidelines of the title;
- Provide regular reviews and feedback with clear and consistent direction to the art team;
- Drive the team to meet project deadlines and milestones;
- Inspire, motivate, and mentor other artists in best practices, processes, and procedures;
- Demonstrate a high level of creativity and originality in treatment of licensed- and original IP.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ Years of game industry experience;
- Multiple shipped game titles as a Lead- or Senior/Supervisor Artist;
- Demonstrate knowledge and application of current processes and techniques, including 3D modeling, animation, shaders, lighting and composition;
- An excellent understanding of the basic graphic design principles including: concept design, graphic design, animation, environment design, character design, texturing, lighting;
- Good written and verbal communication skills; must be able to communicate difficult and creative concepts in a clear and concise manner; capable of writing art design documentation defining needs;
BONUS SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with VR technology;
- Experience with creating content for a multitude of devices (phones, tablets, pc’s, consoles);
- Strong illustration and painting skills;
- Knowledge of Unity and/or UnrealEngine4 game engines.
- You are creative and have strong communication skills, passionate about games, and have in-depth experience of the tools of the trade and production pipelines;
- You are an inspiring, motivating team leader and mentor, driving the team to meet project quality levels and deadlines;
- Ideally you have 5+ years industry experience with at least 2 in a managerial art position and shipped a couple of games.
- Working in a creative and quality driven environment with enthusiastic colleagues;
- A great spot to learn and share knowledge;
- Benefits according to experience and job;
- A healthy work-life balance;
- Studio location in the heart of Amsterdam.
ABOUT FORCE FIELD VR
Force Field is one of the world’s largest development studios dedicated solely to developing state of the art Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR), creating high-end games, innovative TV & video content, unique interactive experiences and groundbreaking applications.
Force Field is looking for the best creative talent to help us develop to help us develop the next generation of these new forms of digital content. Come join our international team in the center of Amsterdam.
Are you interested in working at Force Field VR? Please apply for this job and send your resume, a short motivation and your portfolio to email@example.com.