April 16th, 2015 – Vanguard is proud to announce that “Halo: Spartan Strike”, the game it developed for and in conjunction with 343 Industries and Microsoft, launches today for Windows and iOS devices worldwide.Read more ►
Senior Client Network Programmer
Vanguard Games is expanding its activities onto new exciting platforms and is looking for a talented and ambitious Senior Client Network engineer to work on our VR multiplayer and free-2-play projects. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of and experience in the design, implementation, and continuing support of client/server applications. This is a unique opportunity to work on next generation of entertainment software with a highly talented group responsible for hit games such as Halo: Spartan Strike.
Senior 3D Animator
Vanguard Games is expanding its VR and AR development activities and is looking for a talented and passionate Senior 3D Animator who can bring life to our worlds! The ideal candidate defines the animation style, sets up a pipeline and animates characters (human and non-human), objects, explosions, special events and scripted sequences. A solid understanding of (body) motion, physics, IK and FK is essential. This is a unique opportunity to work on next generation of entertainment software with a highly talented group responsible for hit games such as Halo: Spartan Strike.
Vanguard Games is a leading European game studio active in the field of online games for premium platforms such as Consoles, Virtual Reality, Tablets and High-End Smart Phones.
Our mission is to create triple A entertainment software with top level production values and to push the envelope for online multiplayer experiences.
In our studio in the heart of Amsterdam, an international team of highly skilled game designers, programmers and artists is dedicated to creating innovative state of the art games.
- Define animation style in collaboration with Art Director and Lead Artist
- Set up an animation pipeline and teach other artists how to use it
- Animate 3D objects within technical, creative and time constraints
- Collaborate with other disciplines to deliver game-engine ready assets
- 2+ years of game industry experience
- Excellent communication skills
- A keen eye for movement, timing, weight, squash and stretch, anticipation, overshoot, follow-through
- A portfolio showcasing a variety of high quality 3D animations
- Proficiency in Maya and its animation tools
- Ability to rig and skinbind 3D models
Bonus skills and experience:
- Experience with special effects, custom shaders and particle systems
- Knowledge of scripting
- 2D Animation skills
• Working in a creative and quality driven environment with enthusiastic colleagues
• Benefits according to experience and job
• Studio location in the heart of Amsterdam
Contact us using firstname.lastname@example.org or call +31 (0)20 707 6842
Right now we can only consider candidates with an EU passport for on-site work.
Vanguard Games does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies. All resumes submitted by recruitment agencies to any employee at Vanguard Games via-email, internet or directly without a valid written recruitment agreement will be deemed the sole property of Vanguard Games, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Vanguard Games.